Ready to start a career in leisure and fitness? Gravesham Community Leisure Limited is looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join their busy Gym Instructor team.
To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the gym whilst learning the various skills required of a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer, including:
- Inducting new members on the gym equipment
- Designing & updating personalised fitness programmes
- Leading small group exercise sessions on the gym floor
- Monitoring and recording daily safety checks
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the gym
- Interacting with members to provide a high-quality of customer service
- Using gym-specific IT systems
Requirements and prospects
English and Maths GCSE or equivalent at grade 4/C and abov
- Present a friendly, helpful, and approachable personality to our members
- Have a willingness to learn new skills, showing understanding, capability and confidence
- Be punctual, reliable honest and trustworth
- You will be able to demonstrate the use of initiative.
- Be happy to work within a team or alone in the gym
- You will need good communication skills · Written, verbal and listening skills
- Good organisational skills and be able to prioritise tasks efficiently
● A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
● Opportunity to learn and develop within the organisation.
● Progression on to higher training
Things to consider
Shift work involved – early, or late shifts, and weekend work too. Will be required to work at two different centres in line with your shift rota. Driving and owning a vehicle would be an asset.
Training to be provided
Certificate in Fitness Instructing Level 2 (if required)
Diploma in Personal Training Level 3
Full onsite induction and training, including ongoing continuing professional development
About the employer
Gravesham Community Leisure Limited
A FRIENDLY & MODERN health and wellbeing service – something for all the family
Gravesham Community Leisure Limited is a progressive organisation committed to delivering quality leisure services through responsive and highly trained staff
We offer attractive benefits including – Contributory pension scheme, 4 weeks annual leave, sickness entitlement and excellent training opportunities
GCLL is an equal opportunities employer, working in Partnership with Gravesham Borough Council and Swanscombe and Greenhithe Town Council
Cascades Leisure Centre, Thong Lane