|Version number||Date of release||Policy owner||Authorised by|
|6.0||31/03/2023||Katherine Holl, Quality|
and Impact Manager
|Board of Trustees|
The Charity takes its responsibilities for safeguarding extremely seriously and believes that it is never acceptable for a child, young person, vulnerable adult, apprentice, or any member of society to experience abuse of any kind.
This policy aims to:
- protect and promote the welfare of the children, young people and vulnerable adults who engage with us
- communicate our approach to safeguarding in a clear and transparent way
- demonstrate compliance with relevant statutory guidelines
- ensure that safeguarding responsibilities are clear and that people understand how to report concerns they may have about a child, young person or vulnerable adult
The Charity reserves the right to modify this policy from time to time at its discretion and in line with legislation.
This policy applies to all employees, self-employed contractors, volunteers, trustees and all other third parties who, through their involvement with the Charity work with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Education and Training (Welfare of Children) Act (2021)
- Care Act (2014)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006)
- Children’s Act (2004)
- Equalities Act (2010)
Related Policies, Procedures, and Templates
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- DBS Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Safeguarding Staff Procedure Flowchart
- Safeguarding reporting procedures for Learners (including apprentices), Children and Young People, and Vulnerable Adults
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Online Safety Policy
- Behaviour Management Policy
- Social Media Policy
Board of Trustees
Overall responsibility for the policies and procedures that govern the work at Central YMCA.
Overall responsibility for ensuring Central YMCA’s resources are used effectively and appropriately.
Responsible for ensuring guidelines are in place and that policies and procedures reflect our charitable ethos and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
All Line Managers
Responsible for ensuring all employees are aware of and follow this policy.
All Employees and Volunteers
To follow policies and procedures, promoting best practice throughout the organisation.