A Traineeship (sometimes called an internship or work placement) is an important step towards securing an apprenticeship or job. There’s no denying that experience counts when it comes to the job market – it’s a way to signal to employers that you’re ‘work-ready’.
Our 6-month traineeships allow you to develop first-hand experience of the workplace.
Designed for 16-18-year olds, traineeships develop you in three ways:
- Essential work preparation training
- English and maths
- Work experience, in a sector you’re interested in.
On completing the traineeship you’re guaranteed a job interview if a role becomes available or an exit interview together with meaningful written feedback to help you secure an apprenticeship or employment with another employer.
What you'll get out of it
- Improve your work and skills prospects
- Prepare you for work or an apprenticeship
- Improve your English and maths
- High quality work placement
- Build your confidence
- Learn about the industry you are interested in
- Improve your job search and interview skills
Some of the areas we deliver in are:
- Fitness and Leisure
- Warehousing and Storage
- Health and Social care
- Early Years and Childcare
- Horticulture and Gardening
- Business Administration
A popular choice is an apprenticeship. During an apprenticeship you get paid, study towards a qualification and gain valuable skills and experience. Anyone between the ages of 16-65 can apply to become an apprentice.
Or you could head directly into employment and pursue your career. Throughout the traineeship, you will have developed the skills and confidence to look for work or they may even be an opportunity with your traineeship employer.