Nurture Landscapes, a multi award winning, National Grounds Maintenance company is seeking to appoint an Apprentice Gardener at the prestigious Twycross Zoo site.
Working as part of a team of 3 full time dedicated gardeners you will be responsible in maintaining the sites 80 acres of mature grounds. Covering all aspects of horticulture from our onsite yard, this site provides a great starting point for you to learn a career in Horticulture
Duties includ all aspects of gardening including,
- Turf care
- Tree works
- Water feature maintenance
- Environmental and ecological improvement and management
Working in all weathers you will be keen to learn, able to work on your own or within a team
Requirements and prospects
Educational certificates to demonstrates a good standard of numeracy and English grammar
- A demonstrable ability to establish and sustain good working relationship within a team environment or the ability and initiative to work alone, to be motivated, honest and reliable.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to meet the duties of the post.
- A real interest in working in a parks or landscape environment.
- The ability to develop new skills in horticulture and a willingness to learn about plants and landscaping
- Aptitude to communicate effectively with colleagues and members of the public
- Evidence of customer/client care skills
Possible progression onto higher apprenticeship / training
Things to consider
Enjoys working outside – sunshine or rain
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Horticulture apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills if required
About the employer
Nurture - Oxford Office
Oxford Business Park, John Smith Drive, Cowley, OX4 2JZ