Staying active, both mentally and physically, is so important in these odd times. This year, Mental Health Awareness Week is from 10-16 May and on the 12th of May we have put together Wellness Wednesday Online, a range of classes designed to produce relaxation, enhance wellbeing and reduce stress. All classes are free and can be joined through Facebook.
Did you know...
- 1 in 5 people will experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- 50% of all lifetime mental health conditions begin by age 14 and 75% by age 24.
- Because of stigma many people don't seek treatment for mental illness. Only 44% of adults with diagnosable mental illness receive treatment.
- Suicide is the second death cause in young people aged 15-29. 1 person dies from suicide every 40 seconds.
- Depression is one of the leading causes of disability, affecting 264 million people.
Source: World Health Organization
Wellness Wednesday: 12th May
8am: Stretch & Breathe live online class
This class you will focus on different breath-works alongside alignment in postures and flowing through the stretch sequence. It will help you to stretch and strengthen your body and mind.
10am: Meditation online
This class is designed for those who need to deeply relax and restore both body and mind. You will be able to learn new techniques in relaxing body and explore deeper mind state.
12.30pm: Yoga live online class
In this class the basic, foundational yoga postures are practiced to align, strengthen and promote flexibility in the body. Full-body relaxation and balance are the goals.
6pm: Nutrition for Mind live online Workshop
In this workshop we will explore the science behind nutrition and mental health to understand the link between your mood and what you eat.
No booking required. To join visit YMCA Club Facebook Event.
7pm - 9pm: Art collage workshop
Get cutting, glueing and sticking in this fun creative workshop. Creating a collage is a great activity to quiet the mind, release stress and support wellbeing. No artistic skills are required just some glue, scissors, magazines/newspapers.
To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces are limited and it will be held on Zoom.