As the world's first YMCA, we work tirelessly to break down barriers and create opportunities for people, no matter their background. With a gift in your Will to Central YMCA, you can give people from disadvantaged backgrounds opportunities for education and employment, help improve the health and wellbeing of women and girls, and give children a safe space to learn, develop and play.
Because of the expansive nature of our work, your legacy donation will have a cascading impact across many areas, enriching people and communities in a long-term, holistic way.
Your donation could:
» Help to stimulate social mobility through education
» Help lower demand on the NHS by providing fitness and injury care
» Create a community of support for vulnerable people
» Help develop qualifications to increase employability
Download our free Gift in Wills Guide
We've created a comprehensive guide to answer your questions and help you make an informed decision about your family and the causes that matter to you.
We've partnered with FreeWills to provide all our supporters with the opportunity to make their own fully comprehensive Will for free. You can make your personalised Will online from the comfort of your own home and with live support from their Will specialists.
47,940 learners supported to develop their careers over the last 20 years.
15,935 people supported to lead healthier lives over the last 7 years.
500,000+ qualifications awarded through YMCA Awards in the last 24 years.
125,000 learners trained by YMCAfit in the last 35 years.
15,000 people living with HIV helped through our Positive Health programme
1. Download your free Legacy Giving Guide
2. Create a free personalized Will online through FreeWills.
3. Please let us know if you have chosen to leave us a gift in your Will so we can thank you properly.
To read more about the different types of gifts you can leave, as well as how to write or update your Will, download our Free Wills guide.
Make a difference, even with 1%
Anyone can leave a gift in their Will. It’s one of the most powerful ways that you can help us to continue our work. Every gift, however large or small, makes a difference to someone’s future. Leaving over 10% of your estate to a charity like Central YMCA could also reduce the tax burden on your beneficiaries as gifts to registered charities are usually tax exempt. You may qualify to pay Inheritance Tax at a reduced rate of 36% if you leave at least 10% of your net estate to charity. These rules can change, so it is important to discuss them with your solicitor or Will writer.
"YMCA is a crucial lifeline for people like Caitlin who have struggled to gain the qualifications to get a career"
Meet Basel and Fiona
"He is still mentally sharp, is still able to do all his daily functions on his own, to go shopping, be alert. I attribute that to the YMCA Club."
"The FTA course is just as good as I expected it to be. It’s a very welcoming community and I’ve really grown as a person."
- We’ll always treat you and your wishes with respect.
- We appreciate any gift of any size and will ensure your legacy makes a lasting impact.
- We understand your Will is personal, and family and friends must come first.
- If you choose to let us know about your gift we can stay in touch and keep you informed of our plans, events and the work we do.
- Your gift will be used where it’s needed the most, so it has the greatest impact. Whatever you’re able to give, we’ll treat your very special gift with sensitivity and respect.
- You can change your mind about a gift in your Will at any time in the future.