We are delighted to be a recognised intermediary organisation for the Kickstart scheme – the UK government’s response to supporting young people and the wider economy through the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month job placements for young people aged 16-24, who are claiming Universal Credit.
Who is the Kickstart Scheme for?
The Kickstart Scheme is a new incentive from the government for 16 to 24 year olds who currently claim Universal Credit and are at serious risk of becoming long-term unemployed. The scheme provides funding for employers to create new 6-month job placements for these young people.
How does the Kickstart Scheme work?
- Employers need to offer one or more 6-month work placements
- 100% of the young person's wage will be paid by the government plus your business will receive funding towards any start-up costs such as uniform, equipment and training
- For employers who are looking to recruit fewer than 30 placements will need to use an intermediary to act as a representative and will apply on your behalf
In addition, there will be up to £1,500 in extra funding to support young people to build their experience and help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart Scheme funded job.
Simply tell us how many placements you would like to offer via the contact form below, and we will handle the rest.
What are the benefits for employers?
- Discover new talent and develop their skills to support your business
- Provide your current employees with experience in training and mentoring
Why Central YMCA
Our dedicated team are here to support your business to access Kickstart and we’ll guide you through the process.
We offer funded mentoring and employability support, as well as bespoke training packages which will see participants gain personal, social, work and vocational skills to prepare them for employment.
On completion of the placement, we can provide employers and their Kickstart employees with further support and training solutions such as apprenticeships, traineeships, and professional courses to help them into full time employment.
Join the Kickstart Scheme with Central YMCA
To apply for the Kickstart scheme directly with the Government you will need to have a minimum of 30 placements. For businesses requiring less than 30 placements, Central YMCA can support you.
We are looking for both larger and small employers from all kinds of industries and sectors to offer valuable work placements for young people on the Kickstart Scheme. Register your interest today by filling out the form below.