YMCA Training offers a broad range of apprenticeships, spanning eight key sectors. We’re growing our apprenticeship offer (and have some in development), which we’ll roll out as soon as there is Government approval of the associated Apprenticeship Standards.
Frameworks and Standards: what’s the difference
Apprenticeship Standards are the newest type of apprenticeship on offer in the UK. Frameworks (the older model for apprenticeships) are qualification-led, whilst the newer Standards are occupation-focused. In practical terms, this means that the focus of the Standards is on ensuring that your apprentice has 100% of the knowledge, skills and practical experience to meet your company’s needs.
Want to know more? Read the gov.uk blog.
Meeting the needs of employers
One of the biggest benefits for employers is that apprenticeships are specifically designed to meet your needs. Apprenticeship Standards are written by a group of employers, academics and industry leaders within relevant sectors, with new standards being developed all the time.
Standards have to be approved by the Government before we can deliver them. All apprenticeships are aligned to a specific apprenticeship standard, meaning content is relevant and up-to-date.
Childcare and Education
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Level 4 Children's, Young People and Families Practitioner
- Level 5 Children's Young People and Families Manager
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workshop
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting and Teaching Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Year's Practitioner
Fitness and Leisure
- Level 3 Personal Training
- Level 3 Leisure Duty Manager
- Level 2 Fitness Instructing
- Level 2 Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Leisure Operations
Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker
- Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 5 Care Leadership and Management
- Level 2 Sports Turf Operative
- Level 2 Golf Greenkeeping
- Level 2 Horticulture
- Level 2 Horticulture
- Level 3 Horticulture
Logistics and Warehousing
Management and Business Admin
- Level 3 Team Leader Supervisor
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Level 5 Operational Departmental Manager
- Level 2 Business Admin
Retail and Customer Service
- Level 2 Retailer
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 3 Retail Team Leader
- Level 3 Customer Service Specialist
- Level 4 Retail Manager
All the support you need
We have a dedicated Apprenticeship Team to help you navigate the world of apprenticeships, from skills gap analysis to recruitment through to monitoring apprentice progression, we’re here to support you.