YMCA(SPG) is looking to recruit an Apprentice Nursery Early Years Educator to work in a medium size setting in South Ealing, for children from 6 months - 5 years.
To Provide a safe and stimulating environment for children under 5 through a range of appropriate activities, ensuring that they are age and stage appropriate and link to the EYFS 2021.
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for children under 5 through a range of appropriate activities, ensuring that they are age and stage appropriate and link to the EYFS 2021.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with their key children and the wider group.
- Take an active role in planning and evaluating activities, focusing on the prime areas/specific areas/Characteristics of Effective Learning as stipulated in the EYFS 2021.
- Ensure that behaviour management strategies are consistent with those of the organisation and Early Years Foundation Stage 2021.
- Relate to, and communicate effectively with parents and carers regarding
- the setting and care of their child.
- Help promote effective teamwork in conjunction with other staff and volunteers.
- To complete registers at the beginning of each session.
Health and Safety
- Be aware of health and safety procedures at all times.
- Complete daily H and S check lists and bring to the attention of the Room Leader any defective equipment.
- Ensure each child is within sight and hearing at all times.
Requirements and prospects
English/Maths L2 functional skills or equivalent desirable
Opportunity to progress to a Room Leader position after 2-3 years post qualification experience.
Things to consider
9 hour shift, including a paid 1 hour lunch break.
Elements of outdoor working in all weathers (supporting children in the outdoor area)
Training to be provided
Full L3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard
Paedeatric First Aid Certificate
About the employer
YMCA St Paul's Group
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) is the largest YMCA in Europe and a leading provider of supported housing in London and beyond, providing a safe place to stay to about 1,200 young and vulnerable people each night.
- We provide housing and support to those in need of a place to call home and support them with services that empower them to build a positive future.
- We support children, young people and families to be safe, healthy, connected and confident.
- We bring people together by encouraging them to be healthy, physically and mentally.
- We help nurture an environment where people of all faiths and none have the opportunity to understand and express the love of God.
- We empower our residents, staff and users by providing them with excellent service and welcoming properties where they can thrive.
- We enable the Charity to respond to the future with an equipped and empowered workforce that is flexible and agile.
- The vision of YMCA St Paul’s group is to empower young people by providing the resources and support so they can thrive. We wish to create inclusive, active and healthy communities where everyone can flourish.
West London YMCA, 25 St. Marys Road