We have an exciting opportunity for a Garden Services Apprentice.
Your hours of work will be Monday to Friday (35 hours per week) between 08:00am – 16:00pm. The areas covered by this role will be Newhaven & Brighton.
You will be supported by Guinness staff to undertake the role of Garden Services Apprentice. You will also receive dedicated support and teaching from your YMCA Tutor to achieve a Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship qualification.
- Provide a high quality grounds and garden service, ensuring compliance with agreed standards, specifications and timescales.
- Foster positive working relationships with customers, colleagues and contractors to improve the overall appearance of Guinness estates.
- Operate, store and maintain equipment to comply with Guinness Health and Safety procedures including COSHH, PPE and prompt reporting of incidents on site.
- Deliver services to standards and specifications, ensuring awareness of the need to deliver a cost effective service to customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Level 2 in Maths and English or the ability to complete these with support by the end of the Apprenticeship.
- Willing to learn
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to carry out physical tasks within Health and Safety guidelines
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Ability to use all equipment safely and effectively
- Able to deliver great customer service
- An excellent communicator with great written and verbal skills.
- Interest/experience in horticulture
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
Things to consider
This is a mobile role, and Full clean driving licence is essential
Training to be provided
- Full Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship qualification.
- Functional Skills where requires
- Personal learning and thinking skills
About the employer
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them. Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
The Guinness Partnership, Bower House Unit 1, Stable Street, Chadderton