Evergreen Landscapes is looking for an apprentice to join their busy team providing a wide variety of landscaping projects across the Chester and surrounding areas.
Working under the direction of the owner, you will assist with all aspects of hard and soft landscaping. Your role will provide on-the-job training in all skills and competencies required to achieve your apprenticeship in landscape gardening. Duties will include assisting with:
- Construction of steps and walls
- Water feature design and construction
- Waste Management
- Pruning of bushes and trees
- Selecting and Planting out
- Construction of pergolas and other garden structures
Requirements and prospects
English and maths at GCSE or equivalent at grade 4/C and above
Must be physically fit and able to handle heavy materials and equipment. The role is physically demanding – for example digging over and removal of soil and old turf, plants and tree
- Willing to learn
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
- A good team player
- You need to be able to take instruction and demonstrate the ability to learn new skills
- Must be an active listener when taking instruction on the job
- You need to be health and safety conscious when working with materials and equipment
- All necessary skills will be provided on the job
A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The role will be working outside and in all weathers. The successful applicant must be able to transport themselves (walk, bike, bus etc.) to the company address in Chester for 8:00 am each weekday.
Saturday half day is sometimes available for overtime.
Training to be provided
Full Level 2 Horticultural Apprenticeship Standard
About the employer
Landscape garden design and construction services
23 Blacon Point Road, Blacon