Assist in the provision of a high-quality Estate Service, interacting with customers to deliver a professional gardening and grounds maintenance service. While working towards the completion of your Horticultural Level 2 qualification. This post is a mix of field and desk-based learning
Assist in the provision of a high-quality Estate Service, interacting with customers to deliver a professional gardening and grounds maintenance service
- Working under supervision, provide a high-quality grounds and garden service, making sure we comply with agreed standards, specifications and timescales.
- Working under supervision, deliver Estate Services, including gardening, weed-spraying, hard surface sweeping and refuse removal.
- Working under supervision, ensure the use, storage and maintenance of garden tools and equipment in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Represent Guinness on site, working with customers, contractors and colleagues to report fly tipping, graffiti and safeguarding alerts.
- Ensure uniform and Personal Protective Equipment is correctly worn at all times.
- Work to a professional standard with good attendance.
- Complete required Course units in a timely manner as agreed with your external trainer.
Requirements and prospects
- GCSE Level math’s & English, 4–9 or equivalent but not essential
- Driving Licence – essential
- Willing to learn both practical and desk based learning
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
- Enjoy being in the outdoors in all weathers
- Attention to detail
- Able to carry out physical tasks within Health and Safety guidelines.
- Able to work effectively within a team.
- Able to use all equipment safely and effectively as instructed.
- Able to understand and act upon reasonable instructions from a designated mentor or supervisor.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviors.
- Able to use a computer and word
- Understand how to use mobile working devices, like smart phones or tablets.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Able to demonstrate customer service skills
- A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
- Progression on to higher apprenticeship / training
Things to consider
This post requires working outdoors in all weathers. In addition to learning the key practical skills in the field the course requires written / online evidence of understanding to be completed and this forms a vital part of the course.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Horticulture or Landscape Operative
About the employer
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them. Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
The Guinness Partnership, Bower House Unit 1, Stable Street, Chadderton