We are looking for an apprentice to join our baby care team to build a career with this special age group, you will learn all there is about caring for them and helping them develop at this important stage. You would get full training and support and would suit someone who is passionate about children, caring and wants to work as part of a team
Apprentices will shadow other staff members and learn on the job. You will learn about observation writing, planning and implementing activities, daily care routines such as making bottles, changing nappies and sleep routines. Spend lots of time engaging with the babies and encourage learning through play indoors and outdoors. There will be some aspects of cleaning also. You will also learn how to communicate with the parents and the team confidently.
Requirements and prospects
No entry requirements
- Willing to learn
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Written, verbal and listening skills
- A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
- Progression on to higher apprenticeship / training
Things to consider
Will be indoors and outdoors, will be up and down from the floor a lot
Training to be provided
About the employer
Brock House Nursery
Brock house has been around for over 20 years and have a lot of longstanding staff members. We are a friendly day nursery registered for 18 babies and 43 2-5 yr olds.
Brock House Nursery, 6 Lemsford Road