Ready to start a career in Childcare, Tree Tots is looking for an apprentice to join their busy team.
(1) To ensure high standards in all aspects of care and development in line with the EYFS for all children attending the nursery.
(2) To organise resources for activities and experiences in the nursery.
(3) To assist in enhancing the developmental progress of all children.
(4) To give support to all staff and students within the nursery.
(5) To implement the daily routine within the nursery.
(6) To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and good housekeeping within the nursery at all times.
(7) To plan and carry out a range of exciting activities suitable for the age and development of children attending in conjunction with management/room leaders.
(8) To work with individual children or groups of children providing a range of activities or experiences which will promote development.
(9) To provide additional support and activities which will meet the needs of children with additional needs.
(10) To work professionally with parents to form good relationships and build trust, whilst respecting all parents individual wishes for their child. Involve parents in all aspects of their child’s progress and development.
(11) To undertake domestic tasks within the nursery and become involved with cleaning rotas to ensure a healthy, clean environment at all times. E.g. cleaning and maintenance of equipment, preparation of snack and meals, shopping for nursery needs, cleaning all areas within the nursery on a rota basis.
(12) To participate in the planning, observation and assessment process within the nursery, supporting other staff members and having key children when appropriate. (13) To support all staff and engage as a team member.
(14) To participate in training that may be required for professional development.
(15) To be aware of health and safety and contribute to a safe environment for children, staff and visitors to the setting. Including completing daily risk assessments. (16) To attend regular staff meetings and staff development outside working hours if required.
(17) To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy of the nursery is fulfilled.
Requirements and prospects
English and maths at GCSE or equivalent at grade 4/C and above
Ideally L2 qualified beginning or working towards L3
- Willing to learn
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Written, verbal and listening skills
- A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Opportunity to learn and develop within the company
Training to be provided
All relevant training to be provided
About the employer
Tree Tots Nursery
Stockbridge Village Development, The Withens