Ready to start a career in Fitness and Personal training Welcome Gym is looking for an apprentice to join their busy team.
To contribute fully to the operational function of the club, meeting targets for member satisfaction, member income and operational goals.
- Maintain and look to exceed standards of cleanliness and maintenance in all areas of the operation and ensure all checklists are completed daily.
- Ensure Changing areas are checked and cleaned regularly.
- Adopt a caring and fun approach to all member interaction aiming to deliver 'best in the business standards of member care'
- Attend and actively participate in regular meetings
- Further your knowledge of the health and fitness industry with special relevance to any areas, which you deliver within the club setting. Read industry magazines, publications or attend workshops whenever possible
- Achieve and surpass club performance and income budgets
- Keep club costs to a minimum and stick to budgets
- Recognise that the company’s main objective is profitability
- Use company property with care
- Be a company ambassador at all times and look for opportunities to further the good reputation of the company whenever possible
- Respect the confidentiality of all company materials, including intellectual property, and avoid removing these from the premises
- Always be impeccably punctual and plan your time carefully
- Greet any member you meet anywhere within your club at any time
- Have input where requested into written material and notice boards
- Welcome every arrival warmly, develop rapport, use every members first name, and look for opportunities to make their first contact a special one
- Comply with requests as speedy and efficiently as possible whilst maintaining rapport and friendliness
- Ensure total accuracy with every money transaction
- Have security as your priority by only allowing access to current club members and authorised non-members
- Offer each member a choice whenever possible and identify any 'up sell' opportunities
- Know all current (today’s) and future (tomorrow and beyond) events and activities whenever situated at reception
Fitness gyms and studios
- Greet/ acknowledge the presence of every member whenever when you are present in the fitness centre
- Complete all the check lists where possible on shift.
- Fundamental to every members visit is the importance of comfort. Assist them to understand the equipment until confidence is of an acceptable level
- Identify opportunities to educate members about their lifestyle via notice boards, flyers, newsletters, and other creative fun ways
- Encourage and promote participation in gym challenges, group fitness events and social events
- Identify the importance of increased retention of members and improved secondary spend to the club performance.
- Perform changing room checks at all times.
- When qualified - complete minimum two classes as an instructor per week and gym inductions where relevant.
Requirements and prospects
- GCSE Level maths & English, 4–9 or equivalent but not essential
- You must display the highest standards of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Clean shaven or clean and tidy beard
- Clean and well ironed uniform at all times
- Wear appropriate business attire when asked to do so
- When the need exists to wear alternative attire (when you yourself might get dirty, cold or sweaty) ensure that it is clean and ironed and reflects the high standards expected when representing the company
- Wear no excessive jewelry
- Do not chew gum on shift
- Do not eat or drink in front of customers.
- You will have a friendly and outgoing personality with ability to build rapport with members, visitors and staff
- Good listening skills with the ability to identify any action required and deliver your promises
- Show empathy with members, visitors and staff
- A flexible, honest and open approach to all duties allowing high levels of trust at all times
- A team player setting a fine example to others
- A balance of skills with possible preference for certain areas of the operation
- A realisation that every opportunity maybe a learning experience if handled properly
- Good communication skills demonstrating excellence at listening and rapport building
- Proven practical ability in both one to one and group settings
- Marketing and sales skills
- Team player mentality exhibiting care and support for ones colleagues
- Ability to organise time, resources and measure performance against personal, club and Fitness4less goals
- Possess a passion for the health and fitness industry, the product the company delivers, and the difference we can make to lives
- Positive state of mind exhibiting good morale
- Ability to control emotional response to business issues
- React constructively to conflict or criticism when dealing with members, visitors and staff
- Care for all aspects of any interaction, paying attention to technical, administrative and people considerations in line with company culture – being aware of the impact and influence on others
Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
Things to consider
Must be flexible, willing to work weekends, Some early starts and some evenings
Varying shift patterns covering the Club’s opening hours between 6am and 10pm: - (Hours will vary but to illustrative shifts: 6 – 14, 14.00 – 22.00)
Training to be provided
Personal Trainer Apprenticeship Standard L3
Combined L2 Gym instructor certificate
- Identify, suggest and wherever possible implement self development opportunities
- Get fully involved with core training programmes by implementing the techniques and ideas learned
- Participate in the Excellence Programme( including The Excellence Review( every 6 months and In Search of Excellence( delivered as frequently as necessary
- Strive for high standards of performance at all times
About the employer
Welcome Gym Cheltenham
No overcrowding, no hassle, no judgements...
Just affordable prices, great workouts, fantastic facilities and a place where you're always made to feel 100% Welcome.
Welcome Gym, Grosvenor Terrace