Great Opportunity to kick start your career in Horticulture,Nene Park Trust manages and protects Nene Park in its entirety, spanning a variety of landscapes and wildlife habitats. The Park covers 1,725 acres of land to the west of Peterborough, including the 500 acre Ferry Meadows Country Park,
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with others
- Levelling and preparing sites for landscaping
- Preparing ground for planting
- Identify the health & maintain the condition of general turf
- Preparing and transporting plants and resources
- Use and maintain non-powered and hand-held powered tools and equipment
- Use and maintain pedestrian controlled powered equipment
- Use and maintain ride-on powered equipment
- Use and maintain chippers and /or shredders
- Remove unwanted plant growth to maintain development
- Load and unload physical resources within the work area
- Transport physical resources within the work area
- Maintaining plants outdoors
- Prepare and cultivate sites ready for planting
- Weeding and maintenance of herbaceous borders, annual beds and planters.
- Hedge cutting, shredding of cuttings and distribution of this onto the beds.
- Bulb planting.
- Ensure sites are left in a tidy state with a formal appearance.
Requirements and prospects
No Entry requirements Must have a good standard of English.
- To be a good communicator
- To be able to relate to people of all backgrounds and ages
- Physical stamina
- Not afraid to get dirty
- A positive attitude to working outside
- A willingness to learn with a passion for the environment
- To be a good time keeper
- To have a good attitude
- To be physically fit and able
- To be reliable, flexible and prepared to work outside in all weather
- To have a good understanding of nature or an interest in learning
- To have good attention to detail
- To be a team player in a practical working environment
- To be able to carry out duties under instruction
- To be able to work effectively and safely
Full time employment or further education
Things to consider
Will Be working in all weather conditions
Training to be provided
- L2 Standard Apprenticeship in Horticulture / Landscaping
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (English and maths) if required
About the employer
Nene Park Trust
Ferry Meadows, Orton Meadows, Orton Mere, Woodston Reach, Thorpe Meadows and The Rural Estate together form Nene Park - Peterborough’s and the region’s favourite place to get outdoors and enjoy nature.
Whether you are looking for adventure, outdoor activity, a place to walk the dog or simply to appreciate nature, Nene Park has it all.
Nene Park Trust, Ham Farm House, Ham Lane, Orton Waterville