We have an excellent opportunity for a Horticulture and Landscape Apprentice to work within the team to maintain the course to high standards of presentation and playability, communicating course information to the relevant persons as required.
Key responsibilities will be to carry out a diverse range of horticultural, landscaping and gardening duties under the guidance of a mentor in addition to attending college. This is a great opportunity for anyone with an interest in horticulture and gardening, mixing on the job training combined with day release college.
Key duties include:
- Grass cutting and mowing to all forms of grass and lawn areas
- Flower beds and shrubberies
- Hedge cutting
- Grounds maintenance
- Line marking
- Nature conservation
- Weed control
- Gritting and snow clearance
- Maintenance and inspection and much more
- We work with a range of outside spaces to ensure that they are properly maintained and fulfil their role for visitors and customers.
Requirements and prospects
- GCSEs or Functional Skills
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Team player
- Good timekeeping and presentable
- Good communication skills
- Keen to learn and able to get on with people
- Ability to use own initiative
On the completion of an apprenticeship, there is a good possibility of a full-time post being on offer.
Things to consider
Working outside in all weather conditions and demanding work.
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be provided
- Intermediate (Level 2) Horticulture Apprenticeship Framework
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Emergency first aid at work
- Level 2 award in the safe use of pesticides PA1
About the employer
Ramsey Club Company Ltd
The formation of Ramsey Club took place in 1922. The so called “Gentleman’s” Club was located in premises in Great Whyte and consisted of a bar, a billiard table and a card room. It was all very comfortable and the floor was even raised to allow members to sit and watch the billiards. Shares were issued and Directors elected. The first AGM was held in January 1924 when it was agreed that the entire management and control of the Club should be entrusted to a Committee of nine members who are Directors for the time being of the Ramsey Club Company Ltd.
4 Abbey Terrace, Ramsey