To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities
- To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting
Requirements and prospects
- Competent level of English/maths/ICT
- Caring, patient and enthusiastic
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Further training and employment opportunities.
Things to consider
Childcare is a very demanding industry with long hours and early starts. It requires you to be active for the majority of the day. It is also a very rewarding job as you will have an invaluable impact of the development of the children.
Training to be provided
- Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2
- Functional Skills English, maths & ICT (If Required)
About the employer
We offer your children the chance to develop and learn through play in structured surroundings, which have been specifically designed to create a safe environment for your child.
We have dedicated nursery spaces for the different age ranges, including mobile and non-mobile babies. Each room reflects the seven areas of learning as prescribed in the Early Years Foundation Stage and is designed to be accessible to every child.
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery, Park House, 16 High Road