Will work as part of a team with an experienced operative initially. Due to the diverse customer base the apprentice will experience different types of working environments, from private residences to Residential Homes.
- Hedge Cutting
- Planting and maintaining beds
- Equipment maintenance
- Leaf clearing
- Litter picking
- Keeping the pavements and other hard surfaces clean
- Snow clearing and salt spreading
- Work pertaining to school events, such as; open day and the summer ball, and a reasonable amount of overtime as directed by the Estates Manager at peak working times
- Small amounts of caretaking and maintenance duties
- Preparing halls etc. for particular functions such as assemblies, concerts, plays and other functions involving movement of furniture and equipment
- Ensure all equipment is correctly stored, maintained and serviced.
- Follow risk assessments, make recommendations and be able to respond to emergencies
- Prepared to train and to continuously develop your technical skills and user relations
- To report damage and defects to the buildings and infrastructure of the School so that appropriate repair and renovation can be undertaken
- To report instances of security breaches (e.g. unlocked doors and open windows after school has closed or reporting of suspicious persons on the school premises) so that remedial action can be promptly taken
- Any other duties that the Gardens Supervisor may reasonably ask of you which are within your capabilities to fulfil
As this is an apprenticeship, as well as the duties listed above, you are expected to be committed to completing the necessary work as instructed by the learning provider in order to complete the apprenticeship. You will be given an allowance of time, each week, to enable this to be done effectively. There is no requirement to attend a college campus offsite as the learning provider will visit you and the line manager regularly onsite.
At times of peak work flow, it may be necessary to work beyond your normal hours in order to meet deadlines. Where this is necessary, then time off in lieu will be available to compensate and the timings of this should be agreed with the Estates Manager in advance.
The duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy changes in which case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.
This job description is current at the date shown in consultation with you. It is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes required in order to meet with the evolving/devolving needs and demands of the role itself.
Requirements and prospects
5 good grades at GCSE (or equivalent)
- The apprentice is required to put customer service at the heart of their interaction with customers
- Need to be enthusiastic and motivated, wanting to work in this industry
- A positive and amenable attitude, with good attention to detail
- The apprentice needs to be practical with no aversion to working outside in all weathers as the job demands
- Need to be fit and active, and work well with other members of the team
A full time position within this expanding company, as well as progression onto the advanced apprenticeship.
Things to consider
You will be working outside in all weather throughout the year. This is a physical job and is customer facing.
Training to be provided
- End point assessment at the end of programme
- Maths and English may be required dependent on GCSE results or equivalent qualifications
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative Level 2 Framework
About the employer
Eaton Grounds Maintenance
With over 20 years experience, qualified to City and guilds standard and using only the best of equipment we provide a quality, reliable and professional service.
No matter what size of area there is to maintain, from the smallest of courtyards to large industrial estates Eaton Grounds Maintenance can provide the services to install pride in the home and workplace
73 Pinfold Close, Westhoughton